Independent Schools – Radley College Chapel ExtensionOxfordshire
The Ridge Building Surveying team have been working with Radley College on the extension of their Grade II* listed chapel.
The chapel was built in 1895 by T.G.Jackson and is a distinctive and important part of the Radley landscape. The project is to provide additional seating to the chapel to coincide with the opening of a new boarding house; the chapel is used daily by all pupils and for special services and events.
The project will deliver a new sanctuary with an ornate timber and glass lantern roof and side extension apses to fit new tiered seating.
Ridge is supporting Radley College to ensure the smooth management of the many moving parts of this once-in-a-lifetime generation project.
The role has involved overseeing conservation works to the historic monuments, including the removal and storage of the 16th century Flemish ‘reredos’; stone and brick cleaning to the exterior; design development with the project team; and moving through a negotiated two-stage tender process working with a local main contractor and specialist suppliers.